5. Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with any of the following organisations, for the purposes of providing the services which you have requested from us:
- Agents and advisers that we use
- Credit reference agencies
- HM Revenue & Customs and other regulators or authorities
- Referral Candy
- Coach Operators who fulfil our journeys (in this instance we only provide passenger names)
- Organisations that have commissioned and pay Zeelo for services you ride e.g. your school or employer
- Bank or finance provider
You can find details of how these third parties use your personal information by looking at their privacy policies, all of which should be available on the relevant websites, or on request.
We require all organisations who we share your data with to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow any of our service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.6. Failing to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.7. Third party links
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice or policy of every website you visit.
8. Transferring your personal information outside the EEA
The EEA is the European Economic Area, which consists of the EU Members States, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. If we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we have to tell you.
Many of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.Please Contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
9. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator (including the ICO) of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
10. How long do we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are our customer.
After you stop being a customer, because you have stopped regularly using our services, we may keep your personal information for up to two years for one of the following reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints from you11. Marketing
We may use your personal information to tell you about relevant services and any upcoming offers.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent or a legitimate interest to do so.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time – you just need to contact us, or use the opt-out/unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company other than us for marketing purposes. You can ask a third party company to stop sending you marketing messages at any time, by adjusting your marketing preferences in relation to that company or by using the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of purchasing our services or any other transaction between you and us.12. Your rights
You have certain rights which are set out in the law relating to your personal information. The most important rights are set out below.Getting a copy of the information we hold
You can ask us for a copy of the personal information which we hold about you, by emailing us at [email protected]
. This is known as a data subject access request.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data, unless we believe that your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In such circumstances we can charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month and in that case we will notify you and keep you updated.Telling us if information we hold is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we hold about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us by email on [email protected]
if you want to do this and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it.Telling us if you want us to stop using your personal information
You have the right to:
- object to our use of your personal information (known as the right to object); or
- ask us to delete the personal information (known as the right to erasure); or- request the restriction of processing; or
- ask us to stop using it of there is no need for us to use it (known as the right to be forgotten).There may be legal reasons why we need to keep or use your data, which we will tell you if you exercise one of the above rights.Withdrawing consent
You can withdraw your consent to us using your personal information at any time. Please contact us by email on [email protected]
if you want to withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services.Request a transfer of data
You may ask us to transfer your personal information to a third party. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.Making a complaint
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information by contacting us by email on [email protected]
.You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find their contact details at www.ico.org.uk. We would be grateful for the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.